Cardale CD Pro/Safelift Cables
- Also suitable for Wickes and B&Q garage doors.
- Cardale part number. ASZSP1101
- Compatible part: Cost saving alternative
Click the PDF icon to open the printable fitting instructions for Cardale CD Professional Cables.
- 2x 22mm Open Ended Spanners
- Pair Pliers
- Pair Side Cutters
- Small Posi-drive Screwdriver
- The spring is under tensions. Please follow instructions carefully to
- Wear protective gloves and eye protection. Two persons may be
required for this operation.
BOTH cables must be replaced as the spare cables may be a different
length to the originals. If only the broken cable is replaced the door
may not operate correctly.
- Remove the recovery pin.
- Ensure grub-screws in the tensioner are fully tightened.
- Remove the broken cable from the hook on the wheel spindle.At this stage leave the unbroken cable intact as this will be supporting the door.
- Loosen the cable-retaining screw from the pulley with the broken cable. Do not remove the screw.
- Methods: open door slightly until screw is visible from outside;
- open door slightly until screw is visible from inside (depending on ceiling height);
- gripping pulleys with 2mm spanners and turning upwards until screw is visible (Note: requires two persons)
- Depending on access, work from either inside or outside of the garage. Fit ferrule of new cable into slot on pulley and wind the cable around the pulley three times. Ensure cable in engaged in the retainer under the head of the retaining screw. Tighten retaining screw (do not over tighten).
- If working from outside the garage, and no second access available, open door enough to gain access to garage.
- Close the door and feed the cable down the back of the pulley inside the door track.
- Using a small screwdriver, through the slot provided in the front of the track, push the pawl back.
- Hook the cable over the pawl. If necessary, have assistant grip tensioner or pulley with 22mm spanner and turn upwards, bringing cable thimble downwards.
- Repeat the process to replace the second cable
- Ensure both cables are correctly located within the grooves of the pulleys before operating door.
Please note: All work is undertaken at your own risk.
|Cable Length||1676 mm|
|Cable Diameter||1.5 mm|
Due to COVID-19 deliveries may take slightly longer than usual so please allow up to 7-10 working days for your product to arrive.
(UK mainland only)
|0 - 200g||£1.99||2-3 working days delivery via Royal Mail 48 (Untracked).|
|200g - 2kg||£3.49|
|< 200g||£2.99||1 - 2 working days via Royal Mail 24 (untracked)|
|200g - 2kg||£4.99|
|2k - 20kg||£5.99||1 - 2 working days courier (Tracked)|
|20kg - 40kg||£12.99|
|40kg - 60kg||£18.99|
|60kg - 250kg||£29.99|
|0 - 20KG||£8.99||Next working day Courier (Tracked). Delivery Monday-Friday. Available for most items. Orders placed before 2pm.|
|20kg - 40kg||£19.99|
|40kg - 60kg||£29.99|
To return an unwanted order, please contact us within 14 days of receipt of delivery. Full returns information can be found here.