Henderson Canopy Spring Retensioning Kit
Retensioning kit to suit Henderson Pre-Premier garage doors made before 1992. Included are two toggles, an allen key and a tension pin. This kit can be used to replace tension on overhead canopy spring where it has been lost.
Click the PDF icon to open the printable fitting instructions for the Henderson Canopy Spring Retensioning Kit.
Note. You will need assistance when replacing and removing the crook pin. In order to ease the spring pressure place a toggle bar (¼ dia) in the toggle bar hole on the spring plug as shown, and turn it upwards. This will allow you to insert or retract the crook pin.
1. Insert the crook pin into right hand head bracket.
2. With the toggle bar still firmly in position, loosen one socket screw using the Allen key provided, turn the spring plug again in an upwards direction until the socket screw on the other side is revealed. Loosen the second socket screw.
3. Using both toggle bars, release any remaining spring tension.
4. Draw a chalk line along the whole length of the spring.
5. Using the toggle bars, apply spring tension by turning the plug upwards until approximately 23 revolutions have been applied (this can be checked by counting the revolutions made by the chalk line).
IMPORTANT. Ensure that toggle bars are held firmly or all spring tension will be lost.
6.Tighten both socket screws ensuring that both cables are withing the side jamb channels, remove crook pin (see note above) and toggle bars.
7. Check the action of the door. It should swing open until approximately 2 feet from the head. Readjust as necessary.
NOTE. Minor adjustments such as adding 1 revolution should be carried out in accordance with the above steps excluding steps 3 and 4.
8. Finally, check the tightness of the socket screws and apply oil or grease to the spring.
Due to COVID-19 deliveries may take slightly longer than usual so please allow up to 7-10 working days for your product to arrive.
(UK mainland only)
|0 - 200g||£1.99||2-3 working days delivery via Royal Mail 48 (Untracked).|
|200g - 2kg||£3.49|
|< 200g||£2.99||1 - 2 working days via Royal Mail 24 (untracked)|
|200g - 2kg||£4.99|
|2k - 20kg||£6.95||1 - 2 working days courier (Tracked)|
|20kg - 40kg||£14.99|
|40kg - 60kg||£19.99|
|60kg - 250kg||£29.99|
|0 - 20KG||£9.99||Next working day Courier (Tracked). Delivery Monday-Friday. Available for most items. Orders placed before 2pm.|
|20kg - 40kg||£19.99|
|40kg - 60kg||£29.99|
To return an unwanted order, please contact us within 14 days of receipt of delivery. Full returns information can be found here.